Terms and Conditions
This online service (‘the Service’) is provided by Discover Your Ancestors Publishing. By using the Service you
accept these terms and conditions which apply to use of the Service and the materials and information it
Discover Your Ancestors Publishing grants you a non-exclusive license to access and use the Materials for your
personal purposes. You may not reproduce or distribute any part of the content for commercial purposes.
Copyright, database rights and all other intellectual property rights comprised in or relating to the Service
and Materials belong to Discover Your Ancestors Publishing and its licensors.
Discover Your Ancestors Publishing Ltd may at any time make alterations to or withdraw the Service or any part
Discover Your Ancestors Publishing excludes all warranties, express or implied relating to the Service. This
includes, but is not limited to, any implied warranty that the information it contains is accurate or up-to-date
or is suitable for any particular purpose.
Discover Your Ancestors Publishing shall not be liable for any loss
or damage suffered as the result of the use of this the Service.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of England and any dispute shall be
subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Your subscription will be fulfilled by Discover Your Ancestors Publishing. Registered office Discover Your Ancestors Publishing, PO BOX 163, Shaftesbury SP7 7BA .
When the Subscription Contract is Formed
- When you click “Submit Order” when ordering online, fax, post or telephone us with details of your order, you are offering to subscribe to one or more of our products which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract.When placing an order online, your credit/debit card will be debited when you click “Submit Order”. You will receive an email confirming your order has been placed and is being processed. The contract between us is not formed at this point; a legally binding contract is formed on the date we send you written confirmation of your order.You will receive written confirmation to your supplied email address within 7 days of submitting your order. Please note that we will not be responsible if you fail to receive the written confirmation because you have supplied us with an incorrect or invalid email address. Please ensure that your email address is completed in full.If ordering print copies, please ensure that we have your full address including postcode or zipcode. We reserve the right not to accept or process your order for any reason. All orders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your payment card issuer. If we do not accept your order and your credit/debit card has already been debited, we will notify you and refund your card in full immediately.
Right to Refuse Orders
- In the event of obvious inaccuracies in prices, except that we may fulfil your order at the correct price
- If we are unable to obtain payment authorisation from the issuer of your payment card.
- We will deliver the magazines and/or e-magazines to the email address and/or postal address provided by you when you place your order. Your subscription will start with the next available issue – please allow up to three weeks for delivery of postal copies and up to digital copies are accessible immediately from the current issue at the date your subscription is activated. You agree that we will not be responsible for failure to deliver the magazines if you have supplied us with an incorrect postal and/or email address.
Delay in Delivery and Non-Delivery
We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivery or non-delivery of magazines in the following circumstances:
- Where the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us
- Where such delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond our control or the control of our sub–contractors and agents including, but not restricted to, war, electricity power failure, utilities failure, failure of telecommunications links, failure of transport infrastructure, fire, flood, government act, act of God, legislative constraints, strikes, labour disputes or malicious damage involving employees.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Where a minimum term of 12 months is advertised cancellations are not permitted until the end of this initial period and we will not issue you a refund. Should you wish to cancel after the minimum term, please contact our customer care team in writing (see contact details below).
- For all other subscriptions or after the minimum term of your subscription, you may cancel your subscription contract at any time by notifying our customer services team in writing, here
Credit/debit Card and Payment Gateway Refunds
- Any and all credit card and payment gateway refunds will be issued in sterling, net of any fees levied by the payment gateway. Your Credit/debit Card company will convert the sterling amount into your local currency and may charge an additional fee for completing the transaction. If you have any queries about credit/debit card refunds kindly contact us here
- Prices displayed on the subscriptions section of the website will prevail at all times in relation to orders placed online. Prices quoted on screen include delivery charges and taxes (where applicable).You either make a one-off payment for your subscription or make on-going continuous service payments for any other subscription term. If you make on-going continuous service payments we reserve the right to increase our prices at any time after the first year of your subscription has elapsed and will notify you in writing with 10 days notice of any such price increase. Although we try to ensure that all prices are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of your order, we will inform you as soon as possible. You will have the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. We will refund you in full if you cancel the order and have already paid.
Credit Card Payment
- If you are under 18 or are not using your own credit/debit card to pay for the subscription, you must ask the permission of the credit/debit card holder before entering the payment details. By clicking “Submit” you are confirming that you have obtained the express prior permission of the credit/debit card holder.
- Our liability to you in the event of magazines being lost in despatch shall, at our discretion, be limited either to replacement of the missing issues or refund of the cost of the missing issues.To the extent permitted by law we exclude all other liability to you. Our exclusions of liability shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of any of our employees or agents.These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Third Party Rights
- A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce or rely upon any provision of them.
Use of Personal Information
- We use the personal and transactional information (e.g. name, address, e-mail address, credit card details) (“Personal Information”) you supply to us in order to fulfil your subscription order.On the online order form we will ask you about receiving details of our products and services and/or those of third parties which may be of interest to you. You should tick the relevant boxes to indicate whether or not you wish to receive such information. When ordering a subscription that is bundled with third party products (for example records or data) or services, Discover Your Ancestors Publishing may be required to either pass on your email information to the third party that will fulfil one or more elements of the bundle, or to offer a third party payment gateway that enables you to buy the bundle. Where a third party payment gateway is used for a bundle purchase, the customer will become a customer of the third party and not of Discover Your Ancestors Publishing, although Discover Your Ancestors Publishing will continue to manage the customer for the delivery of its own products and services.
Unauthorised Access to personal information
- Unless a member of our staff has been fraudulent or negligent, we will not be liable to you for any losses you may suffer as a result of unauthorised access by a third party to the information (including in particular credit/debit card details) you transmit when you place an order. It is your responsibility to ensure the security of your own credit/debit card details to avoid unauthorised use.
Single user (personal user) license
- The subscription service is offered on a single user license only, for personal use by a named individual. The content of the service is not for rebroadcast, copying or duplication (beyond maximum one print copy of a digital page), forwarding or sharing with other individuals or groups. Those in breach of the license will be liable to prosecution by Discover Your Ancestors Publishing and may well be liable to prosecution by third parties. If you are unable to comply please do not purchase a subscription. For multi user license enquiries outside of this condition please contact us here.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to change.
Prize Draw and Competition Rules
- All prize draws and competitions which are associated with our magazine subscription offers are subject to separate terms and conditions (see below).
- If the magazine you have subscribed to changes frequency per annum, we will honour the number of issues paid for but not the term of the subscription.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts notwithstanding the jurisdiction where you are based.
Digital & App VAT
- Digital magazines and Apps are subject to VAT where applicable. The relevant VAT charge will be applied to all subscriptions unless the reader opts out and selects the print only option
- These Terms and Conditions override any contrary terms or conditions published by us in relation to any order placed by you with us.
- If you have any questions please contact our help desk here